I'm in love with MMA; MMA is such a great sport because it encompasses all combative sports into one. This Sat. UFC121 should be great to watch. I know that my heart will be pumping when it starts and as soon as the main event starts my stomach will be filled with butterflies. My predictions are as followed:
I. Brendan Schaub vs. Gabriel Gonzaga:
* Size goes to Gonzaga, Experience goes to Gonzaga, Power goes to Gonzaga, More detrimental to career if the result is a loss = Gonzaga. I feel this fight is too important for Gonzaga to lose. Brendan is young so he has more to gain then lose. Gonzaga via TKO rd 2
2. Tito Ortiz vs. Matt Hamill:
*Tito Ortiz has admitted that Matt is a slight better wrestler. It will be interesting to see if Tito can take him down because as we all know Tito takes his opponents down and beats on them. There both decent strikers but i give Tito the edge because he is a more technical striker. Matt definitely has a chance but i think Tito will be too much. Ortiz via Unanimous Decision.
3. Diego Sanchez vs. Paulo Thiago:
* What side of Diego Sanchez will show up? The Diego with relentless aggression or the Diego that has been dominated by Bj Penn and John Hathaway. Honestly, i believe that the weight gain for the Hathaway fight affected Diego. He looked visibly out of shape, timing was off, and looked pretty tired towards the end of the fight. This fight will be different! I expect a better conditioned Diego with that "Relentless Aggression" gameplan, Tough Fight but i give it to Diego Sanchez. Sanchez via Unanimous Decision.
4. Jake Shields vs. Martin Kampmann:
* Jake Shields is a great fighter but a one-dimensional one. Martin Kampmann has more tools which in turn gives him more opportunity to win. I think if Kampmann could keep the fight in the stand-up then he will definitely have the advantage but the same goes for Shields if he could keep it in the floor. Martin Kampmann vis Unanimous Decision
5. Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez:
* Brock's size, athleticism vs. Cain's speed, Technique, and well-rounded skills. Sure, Brock is really fast for his size but the advantage goes to Cain. In terms of chin and heart they both have does attributes. Also, they both have great wrestling pedigrees. Who will win? Brock Lesnar because i believe he will be able to take Cain Velasquez down and control him enough to do damage. Lesnar via Tko 3rd Round